Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kelsey's Dance Year

Kelsey took eight classes a week this year, pointe, ballet, ballet x, modern, tap 3, tap 4, jazz, and alighment--which is similar to pilates. She performed in six numbers for the show this year. This was her first performance in pointe.

Usually, the show is for four nights in the middle school auditorium, but since that is under construction, it was at a smaller place. So, the younger girls, preschool to 5th grade, performed the week before and the older girls on June 4 and 5.

Kelsey started dance in first grade. I have gone to many, many, spacing rehersals and dress rehersals over the years...they are long nights. I have been a back-stage mom many, many, times. This year I didn't go to any rehearsals and had no clue what any of her dances were like. I was totally surprised. So it wasn't like I watched it a million times. I went both nights and was so proud of her. The second night they got a STANDING OVATION! It was so awesome.

Here are some pictures of this past year and also some of the girls backstage. I will get more pictures with her comstumes on later.











1 comment:

Lori said...

What a fun night....or couple of nights...lol. She is such a beautiful girl. You'll have to watch her for sure!!