Monday, December 28, 2009

Special Quilts

I so do not sew...but I admire people who do. I believe a person either loves sewing or hates sewing. I believe it's a gift that is passed on and I just didn't get that gift :(

We received many quilts over the years. The first was the quilt my Grandma D. made for us for a wedding gift. It was made of many fabrics of old clothes and is very, very heavy--excellent for cold Minnesota winters.

Well, this Christmas we received three beautiful quilts for Christmas. A larger one and two lap quilts.

A friend of mine made this quilt, with the help of her Mom and Grandma. This was her first quilt....not sure if it's her last ;)


This quilt was made by Grandma Kari. She made this quilt out of leftover fabric from the three purses she made myself, Kayla and Kelsey. She is an AWESOME quilter. Kelsey says this quilt matches her personality....it's bright and wild!


Ed, being a volunteer fire fighters, likes to collect items fire related. This last quilt, made again by Kari, was made special for our fire fighter. It is a HOT quilt!



Little bits of fabric sewn into a quilt
Form a warm and loving blanket
from which memories are built.
And when you seek peace and comfort
in the quiet of the night.
It will keep you warm and snug
until the morning's light.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Those are beautiful quilts. I love them. I am addicted to quilts. If I used all the fabric in my stash....I could probably make 10 queen sized quilts. Sad...