
Then a while later I heard on their favorite radio station that the concert was coming to Grand Forks on December 5---much closer--only 2 hours away. I figured we could fit it in with the dance show. I still didn't proceed to get tickets--kind of expensive for a family of four.
So while listening to their favorite radio station at work one day there was a contest--just send an e-mail in and have a chance at winning 2 tickets to the concert. So I did! And I won 2 tickets! So of course that cut the cost in half. So I ordered two more a few rows back of the winning tickets.
So how do we tell them we are going to Grand Forks without telling them why?? Easy! Kayla asked me a month ago to schedule her a campus tour at UND. No problem...so I scheduled it for December 5 at 5:30....yah right!!!
So we went to Kelsey's dance show, snuck out after her last number about 2:50, rushed home to get the snacks I packed (and forgot)...oops! And made it to Grand Forks by 5:20.....shows at 6:00...plenty of time to spare. They had no clue! In fact, earlier that day Kayla couldn't understand why Kelsey had to go...it was her tour...couldn't she spend the night at a friend's house. I told her it would be good for Kelsey as she may want to attend UND some day. Kayla even brought her UND booklet and Kelsey has a few questions prepared for herself. Ha! Ha!
So we turned towards the Alerus Center...Kelsey was starting to figure it out...but not Kayla...a bit gullible...we pulled into the Alerus parking lot...Kelsey really knew...but Kayla..nope...I said we had a meeting here first in Meeting Room A....that really got Kayla. Ha. Ha.
Surprise! Ed then told them this was there Christmas present. I really think Kelsey had tears in her eyes. They have NEVER been so excited. We bought them t-shirts and proceeded to our seats. It opened with B. Reith, Stephanie Smith, Kutless, then some awesome ministry, and the best for last TobyMac and his awesome back up singers and band. My favorite song "City on our knees" was a tear jerker with the video pictures. We were also lucky enough to trade spots with a very nice couple and be right behind the girls.

If you don't listen to Christian rock I recommend it...it was very inspirational, has good, clean lyrics and it's just like listening to regular rock music. Check TobyMac out on the web.
Kayla informed us this was the best Christmas present ever! She said it was AMAZING! It was a late night but very worth it....even though we had some hearing loss!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time!! I love tricking my kids like that!!
Post a Comment