Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just a Blog

So I always try to think of something to blog about and always have a hard time coming up with something. So I guess I can just tell whats going on with our life....even if it's a bit boring.

Ed has been so busy moving snow...snow, snow, snow. It snows pretty much EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. He moves snow from this spot to that spot. Blows it off of this car and then moves it to that spot. It snows more...he pushes it there. He moves it off the roof....to the spot below...then to the next spot. I think you get the picture. He is taking Fire Fighter II classes twice a week for awhile and of course keeps busy with work and other stuff.

I have been just surviving the winter...watching from the window :) inside where it's warm and there is no snow. I have been keeping up on my scrapbooking....which, once the girls graduate and move on will become less to scrapbook. I have been reading. I have a long list of books to reserve from the library or order from my Kindle. Oh, I love my Kindle. If I am done reading a book and don't have one waiting for me.....waalaa!   I just order one....while sitting in the recliner! What an awesome invention. Of course, I still get a lot of books from the library. Since I got my Kindle I have ordered about 5 books.  I also enjoy taking group fitness classes.  The new sub is really a butt kicker...read below.

Kayla has been busy. She is taking 13 college credits along with a few high school classes. She has been accepted into the National Honor Society and admitted in the School of Health Sciences Emerging Leaders Academy at the University of Mary. This elite program offers the unique opportunity to learn about leadership from the the outstanding health care professionals in the region where she is attending college this fall. This will help her sharpen her leadership skills through hands-on-activities, networking with health care professionals and working on projects in health and wellness organizations.  She also received her certificate to teach group fitness classes. She is currently filling in as an instructor teaching cardio classes and next month will add pilate classes. Of course, she continues to figure skate and coach skating classes.

Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey....is doing great...even with a hurting knee. She continues to dance...which of course is the cause of this knee issue. She dances too many classes to count. In a few short months our little girl will be 16! Of course, what comes with turning 16....a driver's license.  She attended a dance workshop in the cities this past weekend. She was able to hook up with other dancers and perform with them.  She will be going to Snowball this year with a group of friends. She does have a boyfriend...but he lives a few too many miles away to attend.

We are looking forward to upcoming events: Rock and Worship road show, Fire Department Lady's  Party...which I had (kinda) fun looking for a dress for myself with Kayla's help, Kelsey's birthday and Kayla's last ice show in March :(, graduation in early June, dance show in June, and all the fun stuff in between.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds like you have all been very busy. I love that Kayla is teaching the exercise classes now!!