Monday, March 7, 2011

A Tribute to Man's Best Friend

A Tribute to Max

In Memory of a Faithful Friend and Companion

Today my brother, Kurt and his family lost a special part of their family. They had to send their dog, Max to Heaven. Max has been with them for about twelve plus years. Kurt, Sandra, Dawson and Madalyn lost a special part of their lives. Max will be remembered forever by them and the rest of us.

Pets are so much part of our families. We take care of them....they take care of us. They are never in a bad mood and they never complain. They greet us at the door with such excitement and wagging tails. Our stress level, from a long hard day, goes down when we are greeted by them at the door.

This is a tribute to Max and all of our pets. Take extra time today to appreciate your pet; scratch him, give him a treat or take him for a walk.


Heaven's Doggy-Door

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
and it was hard for him to stand.
The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And Oh...his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart that's filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.
But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends, He's installed a 'doggy-door'!!!

2 comments:

Steve Kilzer said...

You made me cry Kim, that was beautifully put. I wish there was something I could do for that family, I know how that feels. God must have a special place for dogs like that, I mean god spelled backwards is dog and I'm sure that is no coincidence.

Lori said...

We would be lost without our dogs. My heart goes out to Max's family.