Saturday, July 9, 2011

Just Because.....

As many of you may know, Kelsey is a dancer....an excellent dancer. She enjoys tap, jazz, modern, ballet, pointe...just about everything. She dances and sings around the house and pretty much everywhere. But sometimes just walking gives her problems. She can literally trip and fall....basically on nothing...in the middle of the kitchen....going up the steps...well, you get the picture.

Today I was scrapbooking some pictures and items from school and found this poem she wrote for one of her classes. It is from either this year (sophmore) or freshmen year.

Just Because.....

Just because I'm clumsy
Doesn't mean I can't dance
Doesn't mean I fall all the time
Doesn't mean I can't walk
Just because I'm clumsy
Doesn't mean I'm stupid
Doesn't mean you can't help me up
Doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing things
Just because I'm clumsy
Doesn't mean I'm a hopeless cause
Doesn't mean you sit there and laugh
Doesn't mean I don't have feelings
Just  because I'm clumsy
Why can't you help me?
Why do you laugh?
Do you even care?
Please help me back up to my feet.


Kelsey with one of her dance teachers, Mary, and friends Taylor, Kaitlyn and Abby


No comments: