Thursday, November 6, 2008

"The Edge"

November 6, 2008

Wells here's my 2nd blog..even if know one reads this I still enjoy posting it.

Last night Ed and myself attended a meeting at our church to learn about the new youth ministry program for 6-8th grade--The Edge.

Fr. Greg greeted everyone at the front door playing with a yo-yo--he was living on The Edge. Darn I should have drove the The Edge but we drove the F150--oh well, next time. Anyway, adults from three parishes in our area met to learn and get a feel of this new program. The Faith Formation leaders, Fr. Greg and Fr. Leroy presented a great program. What a great way to bring Jesus into the lives of Catholic youth through Edge! The Edge is a ministry through music, scripture, group discussion, good food, fun and friendship! It is very different from the traditional religious ed reading from a book at a desk--the kids got bored quickly. We had a blast--we played games to get to know each other, sang songs with Fr. Greg on the guitar, had small group discussions. It was a great feel of what Kelsey will be going through on Wednesdays beginning in January. The 9-12th grade new program LifeTeen will start in fall of '09. In the meantime the church is offering bible study for the 9-12th graders. Kayla is enjoying that. We saw a great clip of an inspirational story. A special son. A loving father. A touching Story. Team Hoyt.


I encourage anyone who reads this blog to click on the Team Hoyt link I added on my site and enjoy!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Cool. I am always trying to bring more fun interaction into my seminary class in the morning. It's good to get the kids involved with learning the scriptures and just being good people.