Friday, November 7, 2008

The Girls are Growing Up

November 7, 2008

Every day, night, and minute I pray my family stays healthy and safe at all times. Recently, Kayla, my oldest daughter got her driver's license. I was so excited mainly because I would have less running around to do. Because now she has her driver's license and her own car. Less for me to worry about. Right? Not! The first Sunday night she drove (clocks back an hour--so much darker out) to bible study, which began at 5:30 pm., I told her to call me when she got there....she forgot. I was worried. I was very worried..did she make it? Maybe she didn't? Did someone abduct her getting out of her car, it is darker now with the time change. She did text me during bible study to tell me she made it--about 5:40 p.m. That worrying felt longer than ten minutes. O.K. then I could relax. After bible study she ventured on to YoungLife until 8:15 p.m. So I know she should be home by 8:30 because that's when we are usually home when I pick her up. No. I started to worry again--where is she? It's very dark out. It's 8:30. No Kayla. It's 8:35. No Kayla. It's 8:40. No Kayla. I start standing by the window looking out asking where's Kayla? Kelsey is laughing because I am a bit freaked. I tell her she should be glad she's the second child because I MAY worry less about her when she drives. To my relief, she got home at 8:45. I guess I should take into count that she just doesn't hop into the car and go like when I pick her up. She has to walk to her car, start it, etc.
Then today as I was driving to work, Kayla was driving in front of me with Kelsey in the passenger seat and I thought to myself, "oh my, my girls are grown up".

I actually got emotional and thought I would cry....I didn't. Another chapter in our life has started. I hope I am ready.

1 comment:

Lori said...

It is so sad when they grow up. I look at my kids every day and wonder where the time has gone.