We put our decorations up a week before Thanksgiving.
Our tree--Ed put the lights on, Kim and Kelsey put the decorations on and Kelsey put the bows on. Kayla, our busy teenager was no where to be seen - she was at a basketball tournament. We all have our special ornaments. Ed's uncle, who is a retired Catholic Chief of Chaplin and worked at the Pentagon sends us White House ornaments every year. These are very beautiful ornaments with a story behind each. I look forward to and almost expect one each year. I put the girls initials on there ornaments so, some day, when they move on--they can take them with.

The Christmas village--we bought this village the year Kayla was born, 1992, when we lived in a two bedroom apartment. Last year, Ed purchased the Fire Department, can't have a village without fire patrol. When I put it up this year I noticed the tavern was on fire--so I placed the fire fighter with the hose pointing at the tavern. I really think a bulb was out of place--put it did look like it was on fire. I always have a rule - never put the tavern near the church.

The snowflake/snowman tree--I have this tree in the foyer. I decorate it for the season. This tree, along with all the snowman stays up until at least March--this past year I should have kept it up until April--since we had a good amount of snow in April.

The Christmas Angel--My dad loves to shop, especially the day after Christmas. He bought an angel for my mom and I one year. I had this angel for a few years on display before I found the misplaced electrical hook up this year and now it lights up!!

Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment