Monday, December 15, 2008

Keeping the Peace

December 15, 2008

Last night, after getting the e-mail alert from the school district informing us their would be no school today, I had to come up with a plan. Could the girls handle one more day together? I had to think of something they would enjoy...doing together.

Kayla was showing me pictures of her friends colorful frosted Christmas cookies on Facebook. A light bulb moment. I mixed up the cookie dough last night. This morning I made the frosting and divided it up into small containers. Kayla added the food coloring to the frosting to make a variety of colors to choose from.

After a bit of bickering here and there between the girls everything went pretty smoothly. While listening to Christmas music they rolled, cut, baked..rolled, cut, baked..until all the dough was gone. Using paint brushes they used their artistic talents and painted the cookies with frosting...and here are the results. . . .



1 comment:

Lori said...

Those are some FABULOUS looking cookies. Good idea!!