We, myself and Kelsey took down all the decorations and packed them a way for another year. So I thought. Well, Kelsey and Kayla went shopping....as Kayla says Kelsey buys weird things with her Christmas money. One thing was a gingerbread house....she bought half off! So that was an event that kept the girls busy for awhile...yes even teenagers like to put gingerbread houses together.
The house was up for one day. Then they each had a friend over and were hungry...so there goes the gingererbread house!
Kelsey also bought a Christmas tree and decorations...another after Christmas sale! She set up the tree in the living room.....after we just put EVERYTHING away. She plans on putting this tree, decorated with dance ornaments, in her room next Christmas. I am wondering how we will see it amongst the mess. She did buy one good thing with her Christmas money--an Ipod Touch.
Kelsey's new tree:
The girls went skating with friends:
And also went sledding with friends near our house:
Kayla went to a friends on New Year's Eve, Kelsey had a friend over and Ed went to a fire at 9:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. We started the evening at 8:30 p.m. with a movie "Hancock" we rented from pay-per-view. I was worried about trying and staying up past 10:30 - when the movie would be done. Well, no problem! We watched the movie, played games, ate, drank....sparkling wild berry juice....more games...I think I may have fallen asleep after Ed got home...and got up at 8:00 a.m. So back on track. I did it! I didn't think I had it in me!
The bottle and glasses:
So far that is how the girls are spending their vacation and how our New Year's Eve went..today, New Year's Day is a day of rest..for us older people anyway..the girls went skating again!
1 comment:
Happy New Year!!! Call me when you get a day and we'll do lunch after you get off work.
Post a Comment