Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Did It!!

Sunday I went to church TWICE. Good thing I did. First, I went to 10:30 a.m. mass with Ed. I felt sorry for him because he was going to go alone and he didn't want to go to the special kids mass at 5:30 p.m. because he didn't want to miss the Vikings playoff football game. So the good wife I am I decided to go with him and the girls could go together later.

Well, my mind just wasn't there. I was checking out hair styles. I saw a lot I liked...pretty much took me the entire mass to decide I hated my hair and needed a change. I really saw one I liked.

I decided to take the girls to 5:30 p.m. mass since I was worried about Kayla driving on bad roads. I got much more out of this mass than the first. I had my hair style decided earlier so I paid attention.

Come Monday morning I called Carla and left a message knowing she is off on Mondays. I know she is going on a cruise....is this the time?? No call back. She ALWAYS calls back immediately. By Wednesday, I was really hating my hair. Do I dare call someone else.....how about the Hair Studio? I drive by there every day on my way to work...looks like a nice place. I waited until Wednesday morning 10:00 a.m. for Carla to call. No message on the answering machine...I checked from work. O.K. my hair is really driving me crazy. I looked the phone number up in the book to the Hair Studio...do I dare? Do I dare call someone else? Here goes.....I got in with Erika at 1:15. Great!!!

I had an idea what I wanted. I walked into Hair Studio and sat down. Wow! This place is busy. I am use to a one-woman place. They must be good if they are this busy. Right? I am getting nervous....what if it's all wrong? Is that Erika?? Is that Erika? I hope that is Erika...she has nice hair...and the lady she just gave a hair cut to looks really nice. Yes!! It's Erika. Guess what? Erika knows me from the fire department. Her husband use to be a fire fighter. She gave me a great cut and style and told me to use some serum for shine and didn't even try to sell me some...said I could buy it someplace else for cheaper!! Yes, I like Erika and I like my hair..I like the way it moves and lays and it feels so light. I would recommend Erika to anyone. Guess what? Carla called at 3:30!! Do I dare tell a little white lie?


2 comments:

Lori said...

I love it!! She did an awesome job. How expensive was it?? Carla is pretty hard to get into anymore. At least if you're like me and wait until you need it done tomorrow. Bummer for me. You look great!

Kim said...

It was $18 for haircut and style..is that expensive? I am like you...I want it done now.