Today, the comment from the stubborn one was, "Your the mom, I am suppose to trust you." I forgot to highlight a practice number for her ice show and she ended up working that night. Good Lord! I can't get everything right. Sometimes I just want to give up. I guess she can't trust me anymore...it might ruin her life.
They want everything, but do nothing. It seems like that anyway. They are really good girls, get good grades, are kind....but they drive me crazy!
Daughter number one..can be so sweet and nice on the phone to her friends and others but where does that go when she hangs up the phone? All that niceness. Does it go into the phone lines and buzz across the earth? Haven't figured that one out yet. She gets good grades, is very organized with school and work....but why are her clothes all over her room and bathroom? Why can't she be organized at home?
Daughter number two...fun, loving and joking and nice to everyone. Honestly, I don't think she is organized at all. Her room is a major disaster and if I reminder her to not forget her dance clothes, dance shoes, etc she gets kind of mad. But then when I do not remind her...guess what? She forgets them. When I ask her to do something she puts me off. Like hello!!! I want it done now not next week. Why do I have to ask her to do something three to four times.
Why, when I ask them to empty the dishwasher or take down the garbage can on garbage day it's a major battle of who did it last?? Why? Just do it. Why do I have to tell them everything...why can't they just do it. Just do it. I guess it won't happen this way. I just have to learn to live with it. If this is my only worry and problem then I have it pretty darn good. Right? They will have teenagers some day and have to deal with the same things. Right? Please reassure me. I will always love them...but sometimes I really don't always like them.
But they are so sweet, sometimes.
1 comment:
Oh, sister, you and I sing a very similar song. WHY? Exactly...why can't they do it when they are asked? Why can't they do it without arguing who did it last? Why, when you remind them, do they get mad. Why, when you don't remind them, is it our fault? True...we have good kids...so do we have any right to complain because they aren't perfect? And that whole mean but just teasing thing...drives me nuts.
Post a Comment