Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Neighbors

We have new neighbors in the hood. They are kind of feathery. Some are colorful. Some are big. Some are little. Some are old. Some are young.

We live among hundreds of trees. Trees that would make great places to build nests. But no....the birds build nests above our bedroom window, on the flood light above the garage and on a garbage can near the shed. Ed let the birds move in near the shed but not above our bedroom window or on the garage light.

I snuck up on this robin and took a picture..then it flew away and quickly I got the second picture...before being pecked to death.



This is the parent a few days later watching over me so I do not harm the children. And a picture of the children...notice how much they have grown.



We also put out a bird feeder outside our picture window. Now we get many visitors..yellow finches, red-headed woodpeckers, and many more. It's like a airline terminal..they fly in and fly out.


The dogs, along with Ed are really enjoying watching the birds at the bird feeder. I enjoy them to....not as much as the boys.

1 comment:

Lori said...

COOL!! I love to watch the birds.