Another sign, is gardeners planting gardens. This year I've decided to try a little, tiny, raised vegetable garden. So I e-mail Ed and run the idea across him. Big mistake, I do it on a Monday. Don't ask Ed a question like that on a Monday. I get a e-mail response back...."Don't ask me on 'Crappy Monday'." I should know better, Mondays at his job are basically crappy. So I e-mail back, "Should I ask on 'Terrific Tuesday'?"
Anyway, he comes home from work on 'crappy Monday' and immediately finds old railroad tides and gets to work. This is quite a job...pulling these out of the woods..thanks to the previous owners. The 4-wheeler and winch are wonderful tools for pulling heavy things...and of course Ed's good old back helps too. On 'Terrific Tuesday' we go get a trailer load of black dirt and bags of composite. We then shovel it into the garden. Ed's 2-3 shovels to my one. After the plot is prepared Kelsey and I plant cucumbers, radishes, carrots, lettuce, beans and peas. I may add a couple of tomato plants also. Ed hauls two five-gallon buckets to the garden and I water it with my special watering can. The only spot with sun is way in the back yard near the pool and trampoline...so we have to haul water. No biggie Ed can do it.
My 'new' raised garden $60 later and free labor from Ed:
I have my own special garden tools..courtesy of the girl's toy collection...Little Tyke watering can, rake and little shovel.
Now I pray my little vegetable garden produces a bountiful crop!
1 comment:
That is so awesome!! I loved having a garden. If you need help weeding....let me know. I do love your tools of choice too. So cute!!
Post a Comment