Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Two Teens in High School

Well it is official, I now have two kids in high school. Kelsey started August 31 as a freshman and Kayla September 1 as a junior. The freshman start one day earlier so they have the school to themselves and get use to it without the other 600+ kids.

Since they have been gone for almost three weeks and came home Sunday evening they didn't go school supply shopping, so I bought a few notebooks and mechanical pencils. Well, they were the wrong notebooks...need the 5-star 5-subject notebooks with pockets in them...oops.

So Monday, Kelsey (who isn't as picky as Miss Kayla) took a blah 3-subject notebook and some pencils. Kayla ventured out and bought the notebooks and some cool binders, cool folders, and cool book covers. Kelsey absolutely loved the items Kayla picked out and informed me she 'likes when Kayla school shops better'. Well,that really made me sad...I guess I am no longer qualified to buy school supplies. Oh well, I think I will get over the disappointment really fast.

Since I have to be at work by 7:30 I made sure to tell my mom and dad (who was here over night) to take a picture of Kelsey and also on Tuesday, I told Kelsey to make sure to take a picture of Kayla.

Kelsey--first day of freshman year:



Kayla--first day of junior year:

1 comment:

Lori said...

YAY for school!!! They are growing so fast.