I had writer's block--couldn't think of anything to write about--anything worthwhile. Until I saw my husband reading..not a magazine, not a newspaper, not a piece of important mail...but a book. I am the reader in the family. I am ALWAYS with a book. But my husband. Never! He had a hard covered book. What the heck! He's reading a book! Cool! I want to read that book. It must be very interesting if he's reading it. I must read it when he's done. What is it? I take a peak. Engaged Leadership by Clint Swindall.
Hmmm? Never heard of him. Must be a good author if he's reading it. I asked where he got it. From work - it's recommended they read it before a meeting in December. Ah-ha!! That's why he's reading it! Gee-it's still a book...I still might read it.
My second shocking moment came the very next day. My husband went to Fleet Farm--the man's store, to get some oil for something. Us girls went our way and went shopping. When we came home he was sitting on the recliner watching a movie.
2 comments:
Too funny. I do like it when the hubby is predictable. No surprises for me...I hate surprises. Way to shake it up, Ed.
I think you should read the book. It's a great read, although I may be a little biased ... I wrote it. My name is Clint Swindall, author of the book your husband's company was smart enough to recommend he read! If you're going to read it, you need your own copy. Let me know where you want it sent (clint[at]verbalocity.com), and I'll put a signed copy in the mail.
Post a Comment